For all of its promise and reward, funding the arts is an ever increasing challenge. Fortunately, we, the members of the Philharmonic Chorus of Madison (a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization), have many people who support us as patrons, and we are truly grateful for their support and we thank them for their generosity. Their gifts support both the pragmatic needs of the Chorus (rehearsal space, Director's salary, rehearsal accompanist's salary, etc.) but also the Scholarships we give to area students.
Each spring the Chorus awards between four and six scholarships to deserving area high school students to attend the University of Wisconsin School of Music's Summer Music Clinics. We do this because the Chorus sees our young people as the future of classical and choral music in our country (See the Scholarships page for more information).
The activities of the Chorus and its continued influence on the community have been, and will continue to be, possible only through the generous support of its many patrons.
Categories of membership:
- Associate ($250)
- Backer ($100)
- Friend ($60)
- Patron ($40)
- Sponsor ($15)
There are multiple methods by which Patrons can Support Us.
- Printed form and paper check -- here is the patron form (the link is a PDF file which you can print out; it is almost certain your computer has a PDF document reader, but if it does not you can get Adobe's Acrobat Reader here). Please return the completed form with your check (the address is on the form). We will respond with a letter of thanks which also will serve as a receipt should you desire it for Income Tax purposes. If you wish, we can send you a form by post. We are happy to respond to an email or postal inquiry (the email address is firstname.lastname@example.org; our postal address is P.O. Box 5007, Madison WI 53705).
- this page for an explanation of this method which Amazon offers via their Smile Foundation. Once you select us (the amazon smile logo will take you to the landing page), you simply go shopping at smile.amazon.com. At the top of the Amazon page is a line that says "Supporting: Philharmonic Chorus of Madison." You can, in effect, support us every time you shop at smile.amazon.com for all products which qualify. How easy is that?
Donate via PayPal - You may have notice the "Donate" button on our web site. It works! If you are comfortable with online payment methods, you can use the Donate button which will take you to PayPal which allows you to use several payment methods.
If you use this method:
- You go to a secure payment page on PayPal's site.
- To pay with a personal PayPal account, you log in and pay.
- To pay by credit card, you fill out a provided one-time payment form.
- Before completing the payment, you will see a summary to review key information.
- Upon completion, you will see a payment confirmation page you can print for your records.
- You will also receive a confirmation email from PayPal.
Thank you to all of our current and past patrons for your generous support!